Monday, August 12, 2013

RESTORING FAMILIES

The family visits of my past never quite ended with peace and laughter. Mostly stress, chaos and turmoil ruled the discussions and a tension headache ended my goodbyes. To my blessed surprise the other day on vacation, I sat joyously around three generations reminiscing over the details of stories long forgotten. I felt love.

Families aren’t always a joy to be around when being around them hasn’t always been a joy. But God has a way of redeeming the lost memories and bringing closure to the past hurts caused by sibling rivalries, parental neglect, family disappointments, estrangements or even loss caused by a death in the family. My encouragement: don’t give up on Him, because He hasn’t given up on the family connection.

He “sets the solitary in families; He brings out those who are bound into prosperity; But the rebellious dwell in a dry land” (Psalm 68:6-NKJV). Be open to His process of healing and restoration. It took the next generation to connect me to my past. I pray God’s faithfulness connects you to yours and it causes joy to rewrite the stories long forgotten in you.


Blessings!

1 comment:

Kathy Bruins said...

Beautifully written, Doris ... gives a person hope.

Hugs!

Size 11