Tuesday, July 30, 2013

ENCOURAGEMENT

I believe encouragement flows out of learned experience. I know of people who can pump you up with a smile. But ask the origin of the upward facial tilt and you will find it came deflated from a trial, inflated from a triumph. Have you felt lifted up by someone's words? Chances are that person crawled up from disappointment after disappointment to reach the pinnacle of inward peace. That inward peace turned outward into praise.

Encouragement from the lips of learned experience flows fluid and free.

I encourage whom my heart dubs the "Faithful 46." You are the ones who have joined this blog over the years in its meanderings of truth. Ever desiring to point women to Christ in the tough trenches of life, you have made this blog possible by your faithful visits. May God lead you ever closer to your destination, which is deeper in Him.

As you know, God instructs us to make plans as He directs our steps. A wonderful, coming-of-age consumes Embrace His Truth. I walked in unfamiliar territory this past weekend at She Speaks as I "pitched" the follow-up companion to my "Pieces" book. The two publishers with whom I met offered suggestions and insight. In fact, one of them took a copy of my proposal! I know this is only a step in the journey, but it feels good moving this vision in the right direction.

My husband and I will be vision casting for Embrace His Truth (another learned experience, for sure!) and I'd like to invite you on this journey. Would you consider...

  • Reviewing / commenting on sections of "Pieces: The Journey Journal?"
  • Praying for ministry opportunities, vision and direction?
  • Contributing content (articles / pictures / ideas)?

Feel free to send your comments to my email. Thanks and blessings!

No comments: